Repair, grow and learn new skills for your marriage or relationship.
Marriage, partnerships and relationships of all kinds create the fabric of our lives. Our most important relationships bring us the greatest joy and sometimes, the deepest pain.
• build and enrich a good or OK marriage to make it even better
• repair and rebuild a marriage or relationship that is filled with conflict and disconnection
• rebuild trust after an affair or some other betrayal
• find out if there is any hope for your marriage or relationship.
- • discover why you repeat the same patterns that lead to break-ups or to relationships that never go to the next level of commitment and connection
• start strong in a new marriage or relationship with pre-marital counseling or the Florida approved premarital course
I work to help you build marriage or relationship success and satisfaction.
Every marriage or love relationship will have some conflict. Conflicts and disconnects, big or small, invite you to increase your relational intelligence and competencies. Mistakes, unhappiness, or obstacles can teach you some of your most important life lessons – whether or not you want them!
The spiral of disconnection might appear in the form of communication problems, inability to resolve conflicts, arguments, withdrawal, decline in sexual intimacy and emotional intimacy, betrayal, lack of laughter and fun, boredom, lack of aliveness in the marriage, little things suddenly escalate into major fights, or other patterns that add to the distress -- even if you don't mean to.
If just one of you thinks you need marriage/relationship counseling, you do!
Pay attention if your spouse or partner suggests that you need to get some help for your marriage or relationship. If either of you brush off or demean your partner’s desire for help, you will multiply your problems. In addition to your issues, your partner will likely believe that you don't care about the marriage, or worse, that you don't care about him or her! That might not be true at all for you, but it comes across that way to the person whose concern has been dismissed or minimized.
If you have fears or concerns about counseling, tell your partner that you want to improve your marriage too, but that you have concerns. Ask a counselor about it in your first meeting and THEN decide.
Google reports show that 470,000 people look for websites about marriage or couples counseling every month! Many of those people are probably a lot like you. They value their marriage, family and/or partnership. They long to feel close, connected and loving as they once did.
Most couples try to fix their relationship, but when it doesn't work, they slide into hopelessness. Some people begin to doubt that marriage counseling or a couples workshop COULD help them.
So some will never do anything beyond a search on Google!
Don’t leave your marriage or relationship in a Google search. Take your next step to get help now. Invite your spouse or partner into a constructive dialogue process with the guidance of a marriage counselor to improve your communication, to deepen your connection and intimacy, and to build the marriage or relationship you both long for.
I can tell you from over 20 years experience as a counselor working exclusively with marriage and relationships, that couples usually find that their relationship DOES have hope -- IF they will learn new skills and tools and commit to work with them.
Counseling, workshops, or books don't magically make your problems disappear. But if you have the courage to learn and experiment with new information and tools, you might be pleasantly surprised that you CAN co-create much more of what you both want!
Explore what approach is right for you. (We can discuss it further in the first session.)
• marriage or relationship counseling
• extended couples counseling sessions (3 hours), couples' intensives (1 or 2 days)
• a couples workshop - Getting the Love You Want (based on Imago Relationship Therapy developed by Dr. Harville Hendrix),
• a private couples workshop
• or an online course. (Currently the Florida premarital course is available. A guide to help you renew or rebuild a happy marriage is in the works.)
When you are ready to take your next step to get help for your most important relationship, beyond your Google search, email me. You may also leave a message at my office, but if you email me, I can respond much quicker to email -- even if we need to schedule a time to talk by telephone.
I am located in Winter Park, Florida -- a community in the Orlando, FL area.
- Stages of Relationships
- What IS Imago Relationship Therapy?
- Premarital Course
- Couples' Workshops
- Blog: Loving Well
“If you want to live the life you've always wanted, you'll have to make the changes you've always needed.”
News headlinesWhat’s new?
- Our next regular Getting the Love You Want Workshop for Couple:
- • November 11-13, 2016
(Private couple workshops also available)
Our last couples workshop group was wonderful! Congratuations to all the couples who did amazing work!
- Harville Hendrix & Helen Hunt recently released new book:
Making Marriage Simple
Pardon our re-modeling!
I am making my website more friendly for iPads, tablets and smartphones.
You may find pages that look completely different from others, so please bear with me!