"We help you take the relationship you have and make it the one you want."
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|• Who is the Getting the Love You Want workshop for?|
|• What is the purpose of a Getting the Love You Want workshop?|
|• What is the format of the workshop (and do I have to share with the group?)|
|• What are some of the topics that are covered in the workshop?|
|• Is this a religious program?|
|• Can I attend without my spouse or partner?|
|• What about confidentiality?|
|• How can I register for a Getting the Love You Want workshop?|
|• What is the fee for the couple?|
WHO IS THE GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT WORKSHOP FOR?
Getting the Love You Want workshops are for:
a) couples who have a good marriage / relationship and want to make it even greater
b) couples who are wondering whether there is any hope for their marriage / relationship
c) couples who feel stuck and can't seem to move forward
d) couples who want to discover the full potential of themselves & their relationship
e) couples who feel their relationship is stagnant or boring
f) therapists who want to find a great resource for their clients (and their OWN relationship!)
g) couples who seem to fight about the same things over and over
h) couples who are disillusioned in their relationship, need new ways of communication, feel distant or alone from their partner, or feel smothered.
We have separate weekends for gay & lesbian couples. You learn exactly the same tools and information as the weekend for heterosexual couples in an environment that is comfortable and safe for you.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE WORKSHOP?
To provide couples with state of the art tools and information that
• help you deepen connection and intimacy,
• see how some of what attracted you now drives you nuts
ª how to navigate some of the normal stages of marriage and relationships
• improve communication
• work in a more positive and effective way with conflict or challenging issues, that help you
• uncover the roots of the issue so that you can design more effective win-win approaches that address the core needs and concerns of both partners, and that you address the core to have a greater positive effect,
• create a blueprint for the kind of marriage or relationship that you really want,
• create ways to feed, nurture your marriage or relationship in positive ways to make it more a place that you both want to be.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF THE WORKSHOP?
The workshop takes two full days (Saturday and Sunday) with breaks throughout the day. I strongly recommend that couples make arrangements to stay at the hotel where the workshop is being held for 3 reasons:
1) The days are long and you work hard. Saturday's program usually ends around 8:00pm or 8:30pm and you start again early on Sunday.
2) If you go home you tend to get distracted by telephones, children, and other details that will pull you away from the work you are doing.
3) Your marriage or relationship is worth two full days and a night of your time to do the work to take it to the next level of fulfillment and satisfaction.
The instructor will use lecture, written and experiential activities and practice of skills. You will not be required to share anything with a larger group. Sometimes in small workshops we may ask people to give their first name and one thing that drew them to your partner when you first met. Even when we do that, you always have the option to pass. You will work mostly with your own partner and occasionally on your own.
· Information that can help you realize more of your potential as an individual and
as a couple
· How your past relationships (in your family and other relationships) affect
you in your current marriage or relationship, even when you think they don't
· Tools for transforming conflict into something that can bring you closer together
instead of something that drives you further apart.
· Stages of relationship and how you can avoid getting stuck in any one--
especially disillusionment / powerstruggle stage.
· Skills in communication and understanding (with practice)
· Tools to help you become successful in changing behaviors
· Your blueprint to create the kind of marriage or committed relationship you
· Skills in connecting with your partner in a way that touches your hearts.
· Skills for balancing the need for closeness and separateness.
· Building emotional intimacy which will improve your sexual intimacy..
a) Register on-line (secure server)
b) Print out the registration form and fax it to 407-740-7763
c) Call my office at 407-740-7763 (If I am in session, or out of the office, you can either leave all the information, or leave your name, number, and the best time for someone to call you back.)
d) Mail the form in to the address listed below.
If you are paying by check or money order:
Print out the registration form, or request a brochure with a registration form
and mail to: (Make checks payable to Dawn Lipthrott)
Dawn J. Lipthrott, LCSW
1177 Louisiana Ave. Ste. 109
Winter Park, FL 32789
The fee for the couple is $695 and can be paid by check or credit card, You save $50 if you register 3 weeks or more in advance of the workshop. Payment is due with registration. Meals and accomodations are not included in the workshop fee. We do get a discount rate on hotel rooms. (Right now it is $79 plus taxes per night).
Private workshops are $1350 and are held in my office. I will give a list of hotels nearby..
ANOTHER WAY YOU CAN SAVE:
If you refer another couple who actually attends the workshop you attend, you pay only $450 for the workshop. If you refer two couples who attend, you come for FREE!
If you have other questions, e-mail me:
Feel free to call me or e-mail me (I can usually answer e-mail more quickly):
E-MAIL: Click Here for Secure Comment/Question Form
Tel: 407-740-7763 (Central Florida)
Register for the workshop here (secure server)
I welcome your constructive comments and suggestions about the material on this website and how we can all be most effective in co-creating the kind of relationships and world that is honoring and respectful for all people.
© Dawn Lipthrott, The Relationship Learning Center, 2001 Renewed 2013 www.relationshipjourney.com